1) What is one of your earliest food memories?
Watching my Grandma Dot make coleslaw. She was an amazing cook and it was always a blessing to get together as a family and eat whatever she had prepared for us. I think the everyday practice of sharing food with one another is what is so inspirational about cooking.
2) What is your favorite thing to eat at 4505 Meats?
Chicharones. They coat your mouth with fatty goodness.
3) If someone offered you 1 million dollars and the only stipulation was that you had to dedicate the next two years to studying any subject of your choice, what would it be?
I would study culinary arts in Poughkeepsie, NY and then extern at 4505 Meats. Oh wait…
4) If you had the option, where would you like to visit and why?
I’d really like go to Portugal and experience their cuisine. I feel like their influence over food is kind of below the radar and it would be amazing to just hang out on the beach, drink wine and enjoy some great food. Or I’d go to South America and visit the miniature forest animals of Chile!
5) What is your spirit animal?