1) What is one of your earliest food memories?
There are a lot of food memories, we always congregate in and around the kitchen. The one that stands out the most is my first Patty Melt. At the tender age of 15, every Saturday and Sunday for brunch, I washed dishes at the local Perkins (similar to Denny’s). The job sucked, but I kept on going back for the sugary muffin tops (I would swipe them when no one was looking) and the elusive Patty Melt. The line-cooks that I admired would always make me a patty melt, sometimes two… the buttery crispy rye bread, perfectly melted gruyere with griddled red onions, all flavored with salt and a caramelized beef patty… oh the juices… holy shit that was amazing. Ever since then I have been chasing that experience, I have come close, but still not as good as my first time.
2) What is your favorite thing to eat at 4505 Meats?
Cheeseburger with a thick slice of juicy tomato at the height of tomato season
3) If someone offered you 1 million dollars and the only stipulation was that you had to dedicate the next two years to studying any subject of your choice, what would it be?
I would start a meat company that specialized in whole animal utilization and focusing on making meaty dreams come true.
4) If you had the option, where would you like to visit and why?
I would buy an RV in Brownsville, TX and drive all the way to Ushuaia, Argentina the southernness most city of the world. Its always been a dream.
5) What is your spirit animal?
Jackalope… stuffed and mounted at a local dive bar near you