At 4505 we love our beautiful city and we, as individual employees and as an organization, are committed to strengthening San Francisco's neighborhoods and communities. 4505 offers non-profit organizations the opportunity to diversify fundraising activities while supporting our shared values.
"Living and Working in the Bay Area for over 12 years now, this is my home, and I feel very fortunate to be part of an incredible community. There is no way we could do what we love to do at 4505 without the support of this community, and we feel it is our duty to foster a healthy and sustainable foundation for today's youth." -Ryan Farr
We support non-profit organizations dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through food. We believe that children deserve healthy food grown with sustainable practices, which support a healthy planet. We know that families and friends who cook and eat together form strong and lasting bonds.
What We Do:
- Partner with local organizations to raise money and build community while sharing delicious food. Each year we adopt six non-profit organizations dedicated to the health or education of children and families.
- 4505 Burgers & BBQ promotes each non-profit for two months by displaying signage at our restaurant 4505 Burgers & BBQ. Every Monday (unless it’s a holiday), we donate a portion of our net sales to the Community Partner organization.
- Tell us about your organization and within a month the 4505 Meats family will let you know if your fundraising partnership has been approved. We will work with you to select the months your organization will be featured at our restaurant.
- Please note Feed the Pig is our primary form of community support. This application is solely for the participation in that program. For inquiries regarding in-kind food donations, please e-mail Alliem@4505meats.com
For January and February, we're partnering with 18 Reasons, in support of Cooking Matters, a community cooking school that teaches free cooking and nutrition classes to low-income adults, kids and families in San Francisco and the East Bay.
- 18 Reasons started in 2008 as a gathering place for community members to connect with farmers, producers, and chefs. Their classroom now hosts cooking classes, dinners, and tastings almost every night of the week.
- Their free Cooking Matters cooking and nutrition program was launched in 2010, and now reaches over 3,000 families each year.
Funds raised will help buy groceries to cook with in our classes, and give to participants so they can make the recipes at home that they learn in class.